For Your Safety - Screening, masks, and sanitation will continue to be implemented at our facility. Please see our blog post for more information.
Everyone wants to enjoy life! Life is motion:
- The freedom to move easy and pain free
- Enjoying hobbies, sports and recreation time
- Keeping fit
- Family fun and playing with kids or grandkids
What if certain problems stand in your way such as:
- Pain with movement like bending forward
- Stiffness when walking
- Twinges of pain when raising the arm
- Pain when rising from a chair or getting out of bed
- Neck aches when at the computer
- Fear of falling
These problems change your life:
- You become less active
- You become frustrated, tired, and less ambitious
- You are missing what you love for recreation
- A vicious cycle starts. Pain causes less activity which causes more stiffness and weakness, which causes more pain and less activity. This delays healing.
- These problems get worse if you do not take steps to solve them
We can help you!
The Physiotherapy profession began to prove itself in the early part of the 20th century helping soldiers with traumatic injuries. Physiotherapists pride themselves on being respected members of different healthcare teams, whether it be in clinics, schools or hospitals. There is a desire within to help people heal.
Physiotherapy uses proven hands on techniques and exercises to help treat different conditions. To prevent additional damage we work to rehabilitate and restore the use of a body part. We will develop a treatment plan that meets your personal needs and we are thorough in our diagnosis and check-ups.
To ease the pain, the physiotherapist may use hands on treatment like massage, gentle hand pressure over joints and stretching muscles to help a person move easier and with less pain. We also teach special exercises and movements to reduce pain and speed healing.
Much research has proven that the sooner a person starts physiotherapy, the quicker they will recover in the short and long term.
What are the benefits of physiotherapy?
- Kill and decrease pain
- Heal faster
- Improve with less or no medication
- Learn how to treat your condition on your own
- Understand your condition and learn there are no mysteries
- Learn long term solutions for your problem
- Get back to your passions and pursue life!
Why Corydon Physiotherapy and Massage Therapy clinic?
We were established in 1979 and our reputation is built upon helping people with all types of injuries and conditions of muscle, joint and skeletal systems. We work extensively with patients of all ages to plan a treatment program that best suits your needs. Please see our services section of this website for further information.
What are our results?
Physiotherapy covers a wide variety of injuries, ages, and other factors with each patient but there is no doubt that physiotherapy helps the vast majority of people. There are thousands of studies showing the benefits of physiotherapy. At Corydon Physiotherapy, we studied 1100 patients who received physiotherapy during 1999 to 2001 and some of the results are below:
- Most people required approximately 7 treatment visits and the most common range is from 3- 10 visits.
- The most common number of days from the first to the last visit was 25 days.
- 17% of patients reported their change in condition as completely better, 75% as much better and 4% as somewhat better.
Don’t let pain stand in your way! Our Physiotherapists can help.
Patient Information Form
In order to save time and read our policies, you may download the physiotherapy patient information form, fill it out and bring it to your first appointment: Click here to download the patient information form.